OWU Library Links
Notice About Copyright
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.Under certain conditions specified in the Law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproductions. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of that order would involve violation of the law.
Interlibrary Loan Basics
Go to ILLiad
Who may use OWU's ILL serivce?
- OWU faculty and emeriti,
- Currently enrolled OWU students
- Currently employed OWU staff
Items you CANNOT get through ILL:
- books available via CONSORT, OhioLink, or Search Ohio
- very recently published books (think New York Times Bestsellars List)
- books from another library's Reference collection
- rare/fragile items
- entire journal issues
- most theses/dissertations
- most DVDs, CDs, and other audio-visual material
How long does ILL take?
Articles/Book Chapters - 1 - 3 days (more esoteric items may take up to 1 week)
Books - 1 - 2 weeks
ILL Fees, Fines, Etc.
ILL is a free service for OWU faculty, staff, and students. However, fees and fines will be accessed on a case by case basis for the following reasons:
- your item is long overdue
- replacement fee for lost items
- high copyright fees associated with particular titles or multiple requests from the same title
- failure to pick up requested books